Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dice Raw (From THE ROOTS) shouts out tU pHAce in a Hip Hop Game interview



In early Dec. of 2008 Dice Raw from the Legendary Roots Crew sat down with HipHopGame.com a very popular web site dedicated to any and everything that is Hip Hop Culture. In the interview the name "tU pHAce" came up and heres what was said...

HHG:

You have up-and-coming artists like TuPhace and Truck North on the mixtape. How important was it to you to get them on the project? 

DR:

Truck was very important on this mixtape because he sat with me in the studio. He was kicking around and not making too much noise, smoking some weed and drinking champagne in the afternoon, getting drunk. He was my partner in crime on The Antidote. And TuPhace is one of the hottest artists in Philadelphia. If there is anything that is hot TuPhace is a part of it. I admire him as a young artist, getting out there and pounding the pavement and doing something that’s really original for the game. When he came and got on the track, he spazzed out on it. I love everything he did on it. 

HHG:

Why will TuPhace succeed in the game?

DR:

Well, I think TuPhace has a lot of potential because of his musical influences. The stuff he’s listening to is the most obscure, creative stuff that you might hear. And he also listens to hip-hop and he brings it across in a live performance and it doesn’t come across like he’s trying to force anything. It just comes across so naturally and his shows! His shows, he just brings out a wide group of people. And that right there is just amazing. I went to one of his shows and the people had lighters up like it was The Beatles were onstage. This is before I knew the guy. They love him and they follow him and once I got into it I realized that this shit was pretty amazing. Being a musical lover, if I see somebody doing something that I think is amazing, of course I want to give them kudos and tell them that I think they’re amazing. 

HHG:

How can your experiences help Truck North and TuPhace succeed in the game? 

DR:

All I can do for them is try to offer them advice or if they need a place to work in a studio or if they need me to write them a hook, I’ll do that. That’s pretty much it. They have my full support. Anything I can do for them I will do for them. They have their managers and stuff like that. Me, I just try to work with them like I’m the big homie. A lot of people in Philadelphia, they can come and holler at me and I will try to help them out with whatever they are trying to do. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wanna thank my big homie Dice Raw for looking out. Most artist don't take the time to help put others on and that's way Dice and everyone in The ROOTS are the shit! peace.

via: Hiphopgame.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment